Student Mail Forwarding

Student Mail Forwarding

Students who are remaining on campus for the semester during the COVID-19 event should  continue to address mail and packages to their usual, assigned campus address. (Not their new housing assignement.) HUMS will be redirecting mail on campus for students who have moved to new campus housing situations.

Mail forwarding is an option available to residents of the Harvard Yard Mail Center, the Upperclass Houses, Cronkhite Hall, the GSAS Mail Centers, and Vanderbilt Hall. When a resident leaves, whether temporarily or permanently, they may submit a forwarding order and their mail will be forwarded to an address of their choosing. Please note that if mail is being forwarded off-campus (which is most common), only First Class U.S. Mail can be forwarded. U.S.Standard Mail, Non-Profit Mail, magazines, and any parcels received through private carriers cannot be forwarded.

The Harvard Student Mail Forwarding Center will also forward mail between Harvard residences. For example, we will forward mail from the Harvard Yard Mail Center to students’ current address at the Houses. We will also forward mail for students who have moved between houses or who have graduated and moved to housing at any of the graduate schools.

It is important that you update your shipping address with Amazon and any other online retailers because many parcels are not forwardable. Parcels that arrive on campus from private carriers such as AMZL, UPS, FedEx, etc. are not forwardable and will be returned to the sender.

Please note that submitting a forwarding order alone may not be sufficient to get your mail forwarded. When moving between Houses or taking a leave of absence please notify us, or have your building manager’s office or House office notify us, that you have left. Otherwise, mail will continue to be sorted into your mailbox and will not be forwarded. When graduating or departing for the summer, your mailbox will be closed automatically.

The Student Mail Forwarding Center can be reached at

Login to Setup Mail Forwarding >>